Monday, July 29, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
- I like being a morning person. I like the cool morning air. I like morning birds singing. I like the dark morning sky, knowing that it will brighten as the sun comes up.
- Why can't I find an emery board when I need one?
- Also, it dawned on me the other day that maybe Solomon wasn't so wise. I mean....like that dude married how many women? and had how many concubines? Doesn't sound very smart to me. It also reminds me that we are all fallible. I mean, God can make you the wisest guy or girl in the whole world and you can still do things dumb enough to qualify you for the next set of Darwin awards. If you want to possibly laugh or cry and waste lots of time reading about other people's mistakes, go here to the Darwin Awards site.
- I am pretty sure Jesus was a good guy and liked kids. I can't picture Him hitting kids or beating kids or not feeding kids or sexually abusing kids.
- Even God got frustrated with His "kids" (the people He made) in the Old Testament. He even wanted to kill them a time or two, but people like Moses talked Him out of it. Makes me feel not so bad about getting frustrated with my kids. Also, it makes me think that I am more like God than I thought. Think about it.....even God got frustrated and angry with His kids.
- Why is it ok for people to discard some stuff in the Old Testament that God seemingly didn't have a problem with, like slavery and polygamy while society in general has ruled that those things aren't so great? Why was God seemingly silent on this stuff? I think slavery is bad and marrying lots of people sounds like a bad idea, too. Why do people pick and choose Old Testament stuff to discard and other weird stuff to keep? Like spanking kids? I think hitting kids is not cool. Not in the name of God or otherwise. I think it should go by the wayside like slavery, polygamy, not killing people with stones.....stuff like that.
- Also, I think war is bad, and killing people is not so great. I am even against killing people who do things bad enough to go to prison.
- I am not against killing bugs and spiders that surprise me in my house.
- I think all people are worth listening to and loving.
- I love making lists with bullets.
- Fluffy purring kittens make lots of things better. Unless you are allergic to cats.....then holding fluffy purring kittens would be a bad idea.
- I plan to play Kings in the Corner with my kids today....with pennies. Ooooh, too bad you can't be here, too.
- Here is a random picture of new cotton yarn I got this week. Yay!! New yarn!!
- I am pretty sure my kids are going to love me today, since I went to Dunkin Donuts to get them a surprise breakfast before they woke up.
(pretty sky picture courtesy of Tom and Laurel Diaz)