Monday, September 03, 2012

Hydrangea Test Flower

this is a test flower in response to this article Lacy Crochet's Hydrangea. I was trying to help her test her pattern and make the petals more hydrangea-shaped. She wanted them more pointy. I followed her instructions, except I added an extra petal (5 instead of 4) and I added a picot in between the 2 trebles. For the picot, ch 3 after the first treble, then sl st into the first chain of the ch 3, then continue with 2nd treble. See  the link for her full instructions. I tried to make a french knot for the center, but I am terrible at making them. Just ask my mom, hahahhahhahahhahaha

Saturday, September 01, 2012

What I Have Been Working on Lately

Thick round potholders, dishcloths, and a heather gray shawl