Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Grown Up Christmas List

No more lives torn apart

That wars would never start

And time would heal all hearts

Every man would have a friend

That right would always win

And love would never end

This is my grown-up

Christmas list




Honestly I don't know how I've gotten this far in my life and never heard this song. I heard it on the radio yesterday as I was driving somewhere and was totally blown away. My Grown Up Christmas List was written by David Foster, and has been sung by Natalie Cole, Amy Grant, Michael Buble, Barbra Streisand, Clay Aiken, and Kelly Clarkson, among others, I am sure.

I really like how this YouTube version adds in all the military pics, because it is easy to forget all of our soldiers still out there right now. Soldiers who will not be able to come home for Christmas next week, and some will never come home at all. I am thinking of you and your families, and praying this war would end soon. I want to thank you for all the sacrifices you and your families have made. I pray you have a Merry Christmas.

No comments: