Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Owl Be Thinking About You, Baby

I had a lot of fun creating some cute owl things for a friend's baby shower recently. I found a cute owl bib pattern at the LionBrand site that I thought was super cute. I decided to make it into a stuffed animal. One thing led to another and pretty soon I had changed my little owl into a marsupial by giving it a pouch and an owlet. I made both into baby rattles, too. It just so happened that I had begun a granny square baby blanket from a Christmas gift Jason and the kids had gotten me, Vanna's Choice: Color it Beautiful Afghans.. (yes....Vanna White...from Wheel of Fortune) :)

I had stopped working on it in January and packed it away because I had run out of gold colored yarn to continue the pattern. It turned out to match the little owl so I decided to add a few rows of colors in the afghan to make it a little bigger. It turned out very well, even without the gold yarn. Here are some pics:


























Owl also be making some more baby gifts very soon....lots and lots of friends and family are expecting babies. What fun!!! Hopefully, owl not be up all night crocheting and sewing :)

1 comment:

Motherkitty said...

Absolutely adorable. You are so talented.