Saturday, September 09, 2006

Good night, all

Hey, just wanted to wish you guys and girls good night and sweet dreams. We are brushing our teeth, picking out bedtime books and clothes for church (which usually doesn't happen til the last minute, btw, ha ha).

Though at this point, I think it going to take until the morning for Dancer Girl to pick something out. First she comes out with a basket. Then we spend the next five minutes remembering what she went to her bedroom for. Then, she brought out the thickest long sleeve dress she could find. Then we spent five minutes on weather.com, so I could show her the forecast, 84 degrees. Finaaalllly, she comes out with something to wear that I like. I know it is not all about me, and lots of times I just her pick our own clothes. I just don't want to hear the "I'm tooooo hot, Mama" whiny voice.

Now, it's on to reason # 557 why I don't want her to wear her beach flip flops to church. And you know, I really don't care if she wears flip flops. It is just that she can't keep them on her feet. I have enough stress without having to get everyone's shoes back on every time we go somewhere. Because you know, if Dancer Girl's shoes come off, then Little One takes off her shoes, takes the laces completely out, takes off her socks, tosses them into the nether world which is the back of our Big Green Van. Which brings me to why I really like velcro. Or should I say, hook and loop tape, or whatever is the most politically correct thing to say right now. I just don't like re-doing things I have already done. Getting children ready to go somewhere is not like any other check things off as you go lists. Just estimate any amount of time, and multiply by at least 3, and count on doing everything on the list at least twice. Most of the time.

So now, it is 20 minutes later, and I am not getting ready for bed, I am still blogging. And they are whining and pleading, and the 2 yr old is saying, "I'm ready to go to sleep now", among other things. So enough of neglecting my motherly duties to worship at the altar of blog land.

Anyway, I just wanted to say good night, and I was thinking of you.

5 comments:

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Good morning

Motherkitty said...

Motherkitty says good morning also. Hope you all had a good night's sleep.

Alipurr said...

we slept well, made it to church in the rain, all had fun, went to lunch at the Asian Buffet, and just got home....hope you guys are having a good day

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

No rain where we were today. Although it rained wherever we were not. I took Jimmy to Lexinton the very long way around and we kept missing the rain...yipee because I didn't want to get wet anyway. It seemed cool but it was 84 degrees.

BTW Good night and it was nice to read your post. Reminds me of old times.

Leish said...

That is so true! Ever since I had a kid, I have to give myself an extra hour to get ready before church! Yikes! Imagine if I had more than one! lol
I suppose if I have more, I'll learn how to manage my time better!