Friday, January 26, 2007

Baby Boy Afghan, Etc.


It is the end of another week.

I am currently about 22 weeks pregnant, so that means there are about 18 weeks to go. We still have not settled on a baby boy name yet, but have been making lists. I finally decided on afghan colors for baby boy and have been working diligently to make progress. Blues, blacks, and ice blues are what I settled on, in a kind of ripple design. Of course I started with a pattern, but altered it quite a bit. It turns out the only similarity in the pattern now is the opening number of stitches and the number of stitches per ripple. Hopefully I will remember to take a picture so you can see the work in progress. (Edit-- somehow, though it took me all day, and who knows how many tries, obviously I was able to post a pic, ha ha. You can also see more on My Craft Page that my Dad made for me. Thanks, Dad.

I know Motherkitty is also making an afghan for baby, so I will take this opportunity to poke and prod her a bit.....Mom, have you worked on it since Christmas? Hmmm? I am in month 6 and I am over halfway there.

Some good news, too. My husband got out my huge bin of baby clothes (0-9 months sizes) from the shed. It turns out that I have more neutral and boy-looking clothes than I thought. I have a few sleepers and gowns for 0-3, a few sleepers/outfits each for 3-6 and 6-9 months. I also went through my receiving blankets and heavier blankets and found lots that would work for baby boy.

I also have a baby blue portable bassinet, and a white/blue regular size bassinet. The playard (current version of playpen) in navy blues and tans. From the first time I got pregnant I decided that all the big pieces of baby equipment would be neutral colors, and I am glad now that I did that. A friend whose baby just turned one said she would give me her infant car seat, so I don't have to worry about that either.

The only other thing I might replace are old strollers. All the ones I have were either borrowed, given to me or bought at a consignment store or yard sale for $2. I have plenty of time to figure that out.

My sweet husband surprised me yesterday, and said he would take the girls to gymnastics (Dancer Girl's 2 hr class) and also go to the grocery store while they were out. So yesterday afternoon I had 2 hrs all to myself. First I put on some music and then loaded the dishwasher and found all my counters, ha ha. I had quite a mess from Wednesday, long hair hubby's birthday. I made him lasagna and a chocolate pie.

Then I watched some episodes of Battlestar Galactica (again, thank you husband for downloading those for me) that I missed while I was working on baby's afghan.

6 comments:

Amy Hall said...

Alipurr, do your talents never end?! I'm so impressed about the afghan. And, BTW, the pictures of your family are great--y'all look sooo happy! :-) HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all the boys' baby clothes--I could have set you up! But I cleared them out last summer...

Franny said...

You really are talented! And my hubby loves Battlestar Galactica. I'll be sure to tell him he's not the only one!

Trish Milburn said...

Hey, Ali. I've been so busy I haven't been able to blog hop much. Sooo, I'm just now seeing that you're having a boy. Cool! I was wondering if you might or if you'd be a family of all girls. :) Congratulations!

Trish, also a Battlestar Galactica fan

Jellyhead said...

I am soooooo impressed by your husband's thoughtful surprise. A gesture like that is WAY better than flowers or chocolates - to me it is, anyway.

Glad to hear you are going well, and getting ready for baby boy!

Christal said...

Cute Afghan... Kinda has some camo look to it... I love it!