Friday, June 15, 2007

Quiet Morning

Have had a few minutes of quiet time this morning, and that has been good. Everyone is sleeping still except me. I have got lots to do....garbage, dishes, laundry, etc. but wanted to spend a few quiet minutes not rushing around before the day begins. There has been a lot of excitement around here lately with a new baby, and I have been trying every day to spend quiet times with myself and with the girls, talking and reading books. There have been a few days so far where we have watched WAY too much television, and I can see how it will be easy to slip into that habit again. Little One's busted lip is healing up, and the doctor said we have to find some Blue Lizard sunscreen to put on her scar as it heals, as well as Mederma. (unsure if I mentioned it but 1 week ago Thursday when my husband's mom was here, she fell off a chair in the kitchen and busted her lip pretty bad, on the inside and the outside...and instead of stitches they sutured the outside with that glue/gel stuff...).



On Saturday we will be headed to my husband's Nana's house to visit with his Dad who lives in Arizona (we only get to see him a couple of times a year). So we will see how baby does with an hour long car ride and a day away from home. He will be 2 weeks old on Saturday.



I have some daylilies blooming, and my some of my hostas actually bloomed. I was very surprised. We haven't gone out much since the baby has been born and the girls really miss it. Husband wants to mow the grass first, and get the sunscreen for Little One's lip. Probably already need to get mosquito repellent as we have already seen lots of them :( , and the girls complained about being itchy for days after the last time they went out. They have been having lots of fun lately, though, catching fireflies. My 3 yr old is especially good at it.



Well, Dancer Girl is up now. Hard to believe she will be 6 in August. Time to start planning her party. Time really does fly with little ones growing up! Anyway, hope you have a good one...gotta go make breakfast and start the day.




Psa 22:9
Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you
even at my mother's breast.
Psa 22:10
From birth I was cast upon you;
from my mother's womb you have been my God.

3 comments:

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Good morning, Dad is under the weather if I am not better Sunday I will not attend Monday's Library Hour.
Have a wonderful day take love ya

Motherkitty said...

If dad is still under the weather for Monday, mom will be there to take the girls to the library. I hope dad feels better very soon!!!! And, I hope little one's lip heals fast. I'm sure it hurts when she accidentally bumps it.

It's nice having a few minutes quiet time. I was out on the deck enjoying the darkness and the sun rising around 5 a.m. this morning. I thought I was alone with my thoughts and the birds when I happened to look over at our neighbor's. He was sitting on his picnic table (smoking and quiet as a mouse). Sort of shook me up. Glad I wasn't doing anything embarrassing not knowing he was looking at me. I guess we had the same thoughts -- to come outside while everybody else was asleep to enjoy a few minutes peace and quiet.

See you soon.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I didn't know that your husbands dad lived in Arizona. I always thought he lived nearby.

Sweet picture of the baby & you and I sure hope little one's lip heals up without leaving any scars.

Can't wait to see all of you.