Monday, February 06, 2012

Spring is on the Way

Spring is definitely on the way here in western Kentucky. It is February 6, 2012 and yesterday was the superbowl. Our local college basketball team, the Murray State Racers, are 23-0, which is pretty cool. I hope they go a long way in the NCAA tournament. In other news, a big boat knocked out an area bridge near Land Between the Lakes recently. This past weekend we drove as close as we could to let the kids see the bridge and the boat. After a turbulent fall semester that ended with sad times, a sunny spring is very welcome here. We are still missing Natasha's kitty. I have crocheted tons over the winter and have too many pictures to post. I just passed my one year anniversary selling crafts online in my etsy shop. I just passed 30 online sales, so I am considering the first year a success. I didn't do as well at craft fairs last year, but sold lots of dishcloths at the farmer's market. During the superbowl, I made our family several new dishcloths. I wanted to use up all the little scraps of cotton yarn that I had been saving in a ziploc bag. I think they came out really cute. Washing dishes ought to be lots more fun now :)

As always in February, I look forward to my pretty little crocuses popping up in my front yard. My daffodils are already blooming, too.





















No comments: