Thursday, April 10, 2014

In My Dreams--Crochet Squares

No songs in my head when I woke up this morning, but I was having a dream about crochet. When the alarm went off, it surprised me and the little Grey kitty on the bed, who jumped up in a funny way and hopped on my belly and started purring.

My dream was about the crochet square swap group I'm in. Don't remember any details, just pictures, so I'll share pictures of the squares I've sent out so far. Turns out the group that was supposed to send March squares to me was entirely emergency-ridden, so I got no squares in the mail in the month of March. One person from that group sent me one in February, so that counts, but it was sad to open the mailbox each day to no more squares. Hopefully, the group sending April squares will be different.

Here are the ones I sent :
April squares

March squares

February squares

One of the February squares wasn't needed yet, as there were only 6 in that group, so that square got sent in March. Theoretically by the end of April I should have squares from 3 groups, and each group has 5 to 7 people, so let's just estimate low, and say I should have about 15 squares by the end of the month.

So far I've gotten 7 for the first 2 months, so we'll see how it goes. I'm already putting the afghan squares together with a black border as I get the squares, and I was hoping to post a pic when I get 2 rows of 6 done, so that will just have to wait.....

Other than my crochet picture dream and my purry kitty, the only other thoughts in my head this morning were about my mom, because today is her BIRTHDAY!!! YAY!!! 

Happy Birthday, Mom!!! Love you!!! Have fun on your trip and say Hi to Aunt Sandy and Uncle Jimmy for us.



No comments: