I know most of my posts lately have been short and not very witty. Well, it has been quite a roller coaster around here, so I have mostly posted short cute things. This is mostly for myself, of course. It is a way of keeping one foot on solid ground, and not disappearing entirely. Some people have asked me why not keep a private journal, why blog? I don't know. I like the spontaneity of it. I like the idea that I can write what I want, and my friend and family can read it, as well as random visitors. I like getting my thoughts *out there.* But if you really want to know, here goes.....(read at your own risk)
- I don't like cleaning up bird guts
- I found a squirrel tail on my porch, don't know where the rest is
- I have been washing my hands 10,000 times a day in between wiping ooey gooey Little Sister's nose. As a result of her not feeling quite up to herself, she has been wanting to nurse more lately. Also, with a stuffy nose she is not resting well, hence no real nap for her lately. Last night she slept half the night half sitting up laying across my chest (no kidding)
- Yesterday, Dancer Girl woke up with a cough (striking fear in me after previous years bouts with bronchitis and almost pneumonia, breathing treatments, etc etc)
- Today, I woke up with a cough. That means all out war.
- My mom is getting over something called mycoplasma pneumonia, which she apparently had at Thanksgiving but she didn't know. As a result, Long Hair Daddy got sick, and slept at his office most of the month to keep us from getting sick.
- We were very thankful to have a wonderful new to us van for approximately 3 weeks before the transmission fell out. Ok, not really, but it is currently at Transmission Hospital waiting for the ok to do the $2,000+ transplant. Let's just say that that was *not* in the Christmas budget.
- Over the last 2 years I have had to talk about death a lot to little Dancer Girl after our pretty Ashley kitty got hit by a car. We were crying in bed last night missing her and remembering how she used to take naps with Dancer Girl in her little toddler bed.
So, in conclusion, I have decided not to bore you or anyone else mostly with the negative junk that happens, unless it is very funny. Let me try to think of some things I am thankful for....
- A wonderful, loving, helpful husband
- A terrific, supportive family
- Beautiful, strong, healthy daughters
- Electricity, heat, warm water, tv, dvd, computer, etc
- Hot tea
- Paved roads
- Cell phones
- Baby Jesus
- Instant messaging
- A good God who takes care of us
- Good friends
- Our beautiful cat Ashley, who is in Kitty Heaven
Ok, I'll stop there. How 'bout you tell me 5 things you are thankful for.