Thursday, November 10, 2005


Well, I was just about to type something about my real current feelings, not something superficial, and my computer just crashed. Just shut off all by itself. Unfortunately, my first thought was, Did we forget to pay the electric bill? but I saw other lights on and wondered what happened. Just another thing to report to Long Hair Daddy. Long Hair Daddy, by the way, is very intelligent, and I look up to him very much. He is a software developer, as I have learned to call him. Most of us would call him a computer programmer. Bonafide computer geek. Proudly wears a business mullet. Anyway, all of this is a distraction from what I was going to say, though I am not sure what that really was. I just know I had it in my head that I was going to write some real thing that was happening, not just fluff or filler. In a few hours my mom and dad will be here, not just to visit, but to buy me a new stove. I am filled with anxiety and dread and at the same time joy and excitement. There is nothing really like a new something coming sparkling into your home. Is my stove broken? Nooo. Do I really need one? I don't think so, but Motherkitty does. And, this was one concession to help her with the transition from Thanksgiving at her house to mine. Oh, well. On a similar vein, Thanksgiving at my house will be open to anyone who wants to come. It will be potluck or not potluck depending on how you feel. If you are hungry or by yourself, join our family. If you want to bring food, go right ahead. If not, it doesn't matter to me. The more, the merrier. I also want to say how thankful I am for my husband. He cares for me like no one else I know. This past week he has done some very special things for me and I really don't know how to say how much it means to me. Mostly, thanks for noticing how stressed out I have been. I appreciate the love and support, and I know Baby Girls loved, loved, loved the extra time with their Daddy.

No comments: