Thursday, April 13, 2006

Astilbes


While I was at my mom's house last week I weeded her flowerbeds a little bit & she showed me her little astilbe sprouts coming up. I have tried to plant astilbes in the fall on one shady part of my backyard fence for 2 years now. When I got home yesterday I saw that 2 plants are actually coming up. Hurray! Hopefully it will fill in & one day look like this...

ok, ok, probably not....just try to imagine few with various hostas, variegated & otherwise in front

3 comments:

doubleknot said...

Wishing you luck with your flowers.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Isn't it amazing how much pleasure we get from watching a sprout peeking up thru the ground? I was walking in my yard yesterday looking at all the plants reaching towards the heavens...pretty soon they will be abundant with pretty flowers, just as yours will be.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

I would sure love to have those flowers in my yard...GREAT picture.