Sunday, January 29, 2006

The cat wouldn't even eat it...


Haven't posted in a while....
I have always heard that you can't burn things in a crockpot. Well, I am here to tell you that that is wrong. You can burn food in a crockpot. I guess I mean that I can burn food in a crockpot. I know, I know, that is a real talent. And we all know how talented I am. Ha Ha. Well, usually when I make food and it turns out bad (it has happened occasionally), we just have a burial ceremony, say a few words as we dump it in the garbage can, and move on with our lives. We laugh, and then we call for pizza delivery. Not this time. This time it was so bad we didn't even laugh or have a burial ceremony. Yuck. I can just chalk it up to putting the wrong combination of things in the crockpot. The best and only practical thing to do is to remember what I did, and never, ever do it again.

oh, and I didn't really try to feed it to my cats....it was just a funny sounding title, and you read on, didn't you?

3 comments:

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Join the crowd of a select few...
I once didn't put enough water in the crockpot or put tooo many beans into it...the result was the same...burned, charred beans.
And Oh, what a smell.

I love your cute kitty animation...it got my attention.

Motherkitty said...

When we first got married, I tried all sorts of recipes. I loved anything unusual. You know how that goes, don't you? Sometimes it works and sometimes, well . . .

I once made a salmon souffle that even the cats would not eat. The thing took half the day to make, and included a dozen eggs and lots of butter. It looked beautiful coming out of the oven, but, oh, the taste and smell! What do you do with a nasty thing like that? Bag it up and get it out of the house pronto. I definitely crossed that one off my list of favorite recipes. We live and learn.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I really, really like your Happy News link...it's nice to read Happy News for a change.
Now I can start reading the news again.