Saturday, May 27, 2006

All Puffed Up


They say pride comes before a fall, but I don't think it means this kind of pride.

Dancer Girl went on her first sleepover with all her little girlfriends (picture 6-8 four and five yr olds). Sure she's slept all by herself at Grandma's house without mommy and daddy. She had soooo much fun. But last night she was telling me more, even though it was a week ago.

Mom, I had trouble going to sleep at my sleepover. Emma's mom just read one story. So, I just laid and thought a while. And then I went to sleep.

Now, here comes the proud mama part. I was asking about sleeping with her stuffed animals, and she said that she gave her very favorite pink bunny to another little girl who forgot to bring one. And then, she let another little girl borrow her very, very favorite soft green blanket because that girl had forgotten a blanket. *see puffed up mama, that's me* I was so proud and astonished. All on her own, my sweetie gave away her favorite stuffed animal and blanket for a night because she knew she had plenty. And then she said....

I knew that was why I brought extra!

All this and she's just 4. That's my girl!

(click the hen if you want to read a little about the Partridge Family)




4 comments:

Lisa-Anne said...

Awwww what a sweetie!!! :)
I'm puffed up proud of her too! :)

Motherkitty said...

I'm very proud of Dancer Girl, but am a little sad that she's growing up so fast. She is a very dear little girl and so is Little Sister.

I'm also happy that she has so many girlfriends and has opportunities for having good times together.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Dancer Girl is a very sweet child and has learned to share from her mommy. Good that she has already been on a sleep over at 4 yrs.old and didn't call you to come after her.

You must be very proud to hear that she willingly shared her toys & blanket with her friends.

manababies said...

What a sweet little girl you have! More often than not, I see mostly issues with sharing, but how wonderful that Dancer Girl thought of the other girls at the sleepover.