Thursday, May 11, 2006

Just in Case


I wanted to write this now, just in case everything gets crazy and I forget. All week, all month I have been thinking about Mother's Day (actually all year off and on). I love all the women in my life who are moms. I especially love my mom and don't know what I would do without her.

In this season of my life, the roller coaster time of life with little ones, I never know what I will be able to accomplish in a day, and I don't mean just dishes and laundry. Every moment is exhilarating and draining. You are filled with wonder and fear and frustration at all the cute, wonderful, and surprising things your children can do(not all of them good), at any moment of the day, in front of anyone. The proud moments{one day your child just announces that she is ready to sleep in her own bed, just like that), the embarassing ones (your child falls out of a shopping cart in a crowded store).

All of you who are mothers are wonderful. God picked you for your children. And He picked your children just for you. He equipped you especially to handle all of your child's joys and frustrations. He filled you with the love you would need. He gave you the motivation to sacrifice when needed, and say, "Enough!" when needed. I hope someone fulfills some of your secret desires this year. You know, all those silly ones. Flowers for your garden, the moisturizer you would never buy for yourself, a new broom for the kitchen, new towels or sheets, thirty minutes alone in a bookstore. I don't know, those are your things to dream about.

Here are the children, all piled up on my lap, asking to type here, asking to send Daddy a card. Following me wherever I go, laughing and playing, learning to share...
so, here is a message from Dancer Girl and Little One

ohkgukfj,j;'kgguk;l;41k,m,m jhhnmhjugy7t54556tttgb@
fhm.// zdfffffffffffffffddddddddddddddddddddddfffgbbbbnm,dfv fv cvcdddddeeee

btw, you don't have to buy me any flowers, the pretty picture the girls picked just happens to be associated with things for sale

6 comments:

doubleknot said...

I humbly thank you for your post. Once I read that to have a handicapped child took a special mother - I guess God thought I was that one - I did my best before giving up his care to others.
You have so much to look forward to with your children growing up. Once a mother always a mother. I don't know what I will do with out my mother.

Alipurr said...

you are welcome:)

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That's a beautiful post Alipurr, written from the heart. You are such a loving Mother and I hope you get everything you're wishing for, on Mother's Day and everyday all throughout the year.

SuzieG said...

Thank you so much for this post. As I sit here before 6am on the Saturday before Mother's day, I read this and cried. Because someone like yourself cared enough to send such a sweet message out to others. I lost the oldest of my 2 daughters some years ago, and the other is so far away with my 2 grandkids that I feel without any. I think that if I didn't have my mother, it would be sad indeed. I never get a card from my daughter, so I sent her one instead. Thank you again, and have a very Happy Mother's Day!

somershade said...

That's the most beautiful thing you have written. Thanks for takeing the time to inspire mothers everywhere with these beautiful truths of mother hood.
My Father always said that mother hood was the most important thing that he believed in, in this life.and then Ky wildcats and the Marine corp. :)love you.Happy Mothers Day.

Diane Viere said...

What an adorable post!

To your little ones I say, "liwpq.Xei(*,en5XXOO+&^%&*#(#!" :)

To you I say--Happy Mother's Day!

Diane